I have been married for 29 years and have 2 grown children with dyslexia and ADHD. In addition I have been a business owner and a non-traditional aged student, thus I understand the many challenges of life and relationships.
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL)
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology at the University of Houston (an American Psychological Association-accredited program)
- Licensed Psychologist in Texas (#34464)*
Since 2005, I have had experience working with clients in many types of settings including college counseling centers, a community mental health center, the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Hospital, and Texas Children’s Hospital. I work with adults 18 and over.
Forms of Therapy
With training in a variety of conventional forms of therapy, I draw upon their strengths to meet the unique needs of each individual or couple. I also supplement therapy with mindfulness training and various relaxation techniques. Forms of therapy I use include: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Schema Therapy, Interpersonal Process, insights gained from Positive Psychology, and Existential approaches.
- Houston Psychological Association
- Texas Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association
- Houston Eating Disorders Specialists
More Info About My Practice
I have 2 office locations: Bellaire outside the 610 Loop between Fournace and Bissonnett (close to River Oaks, the Medical Center, Rice University, Downtown, University of Houston, and Galleria) and in Clear Lake. I provide daytime, evening and Saturday appointments. If you would like to use your insurance, I can be an out of network provider and provide you the necessary paperwork for reimbursement. You are welcome to call for a free 10 minute phone consultation to determine if I can help you meet your needs.