Houston Anxiety Treatment
Anxiety is a normal part of life. We all experience it. Anxiety is beneficial as it motivates us to perform at peak levels. In times of danger it keeps us safe (fight or flight instinct). However, when our bodies detect danger, whether it is real or imagined, our bodies will react. At times it can be debilitating and treatment can help.
- Do you worry more than most people?
- Have you had a panic attack?
- Do you obsess over certain things?
- Do you avoid certain situations due to anxiety?
- Does your anxiety prevent you from doing the things you want to do?
- Are you typically tense and on edge?
- Are you always on alert?
If you have answered yes to these questions you may suffer from anxiety. As a therapist I can teach you ways to identify the thoughts, feelings and actions that maintain your anxiety. In therapy we will work on ways to change them. In addition I will teach you ways to cope with and manage your stress.